Birmingham in Feltipography

As well as celebrating Birmingham on this blog and through my photos on Flickr, www.flickr.com/feltip, I also like to use the challenge of Instagram to show my own perspective on Greater Birmingham.  Instagram, a portmanteau of Instant Telegram, has the challenge of confining it's photos to a square shape similar to a Polaroid image.  This challenge leads to an almost intimate relationship between you and your subject.  The Guardian recently listed the city photographers on instagram to follow, http://www.theguardian.com/cities/2015/mar/17/instagram-best-city-photographers, and they like me show a very personal take on their home.

The following collages from my instagram, feltipography, show my recent instagram pictures and my very personal take on Birmingham.  I find the city a never ending canvas in which to capture the grain of a city that lives it's city motto of Forward.





You can follow me on Instagram as feltipography or going to the website, https://instagram.com/feltipography

Comments

Popular Posts