Run(a)way Success

The Birmingham Post,, and Locate Birmingham have reported on Birmingham International Airport's record breaking passenger numbers in July with 1,036,135 passengers handled during July.

During the month, 718,958 scheduled passengers and 317,177 charter travellers used the Airport's two terminals, an increase of 7.5% over the previous year.

In a rolling 12 month period Birmingham International Airport exceeded 9.5m passengers for the first time. This is an increase of 4.3% over the previous 12 months total.

Some statistics on the bumper July are below:

In July, growth was achieved on Non EU routes of 7.3% and EU of 20.6%. The Irish Republic saw an increase of 12.9%.

Scheduled routes that experienced growth in July include: Bratislava (+2404%), Larnaca (+114.6%), Inverness (+107.2%), Marseille (+75.4%), Hamburg (+40%), Warsaw (+38.3%), Milan (+33.9%), Krakow (+32.2%), Dundee (+24.5%), Arrecife (+22.6%), Dusseldorf (+21.2%), Lisbon (+20%), Mahon (+19.9%), Gothenburg (+18.9%), Faro (+13.1%), Hanover (+10.7%), Almeria (+9.1%), Amsterdam (+5.7%), Ercan (+5%), Alicante (+4.8%), Zurich (+4.2%) and Murcia (+3.2%).

Charter routes which experienced growth were Egypt (+88%), Morocco (+34.1%), Italy (+15.2%), Croatia (+13.2%), Dominican Republic (+12.9%) and Turkey (+6.1%).

Scheduled traffic accounted for 69.4% of the total passenger traffic in July whilst charter passengers made up the remaining 30.6%.


Popular Posts